In Kids Classics Meet the Composer workshops, participants are brought back in time with two musicians in period costumes to a day in the Composer’s Life. See what a day in their life entailed including traveling, rehearsing and composing and have the opportunity to meet him in person! Participants will then be invited to join in rehearsing some of the composer’s music with handheld percussion instruments.
The workshops incorporate the main strands of the primary music curriculum including listening, responding, performing and composing.
Kids’ Classics is a unique music experience that brings together some of Ireland’s leading professional musicians in an educational, fun and interactive musical experience for children and families.
Meet the Composer Workshops include:
- ‘Beethoven’s Bad Hair Day’
- ‘Bach’s Mad House’
- ‘Tchaikovsky’s Party’
- ‘Vivaldi’s Day at School
- ‘Peter and the Wolf’
- ‘Carnival of the Animals’
- All children should be supervised by parents or teachers.
- The present of the Composer facilitates the storytelling and the composition element of the workshops.
- The larger the number of participants involved in the workshop would also determine the amount of musicians facilitating any workshop.